Thursday, December 20, 2012

Scattered Thoughts...Tank Update #5...12-21-2012

Things are freaky/weird right now.  I got the feeling something big, not the End of the World, but something, is going to happen.  Terrence McKenna had a theory he called Temporal Resonance that seemed to show a wave pattern in the Time-Space Continuum.  Novelty, or interconnectedness, plotted over the time wave seemed to reveal repetition of the wave over periods of linear time that would resonate.  For instance, the beginning of the Dark Ages had a wave pattern that resonates with the Reagan Administration...

Anyway, according to his calculations, December twenty-first, 2012, the Winter Solstice, the end of the Mayan Long Count Calendar, is supposed to be where the wave finally reaches Zero, or maximum resonance.

Is it just me, or isn't everything speeding up and transforming?

Or maybe the Earth WILL align with the Sun and the Galactic Axis and some kind of gravitational sling-shot action will propel us into the Sun, then the Sun itself will be pulled into the super-massive black hole at the center of the Milky Way.   Might be fun...

Anyway, the fish tank has been stable for a while now.  There are still five Dace and two of the other kind.  One of the two full-grown Dace has developed some kind of growth on its head.  I thought it was Ich, so I did a treatment, but the growth remains.  It looks like the meat is oozing out of the skin.  Like I said before, the Dace live in a Pediddleville all their own...



2 comments:

  1. A great beginning. It always amazes me how many things in our ordinary days can be quite extraordinary. A couple of decades ago, I kept Fire Belly Newts in an aquarium/terrarium. I caught them in a local brook. I fed them blood worms, and they thrived. Spending time observing them was one of the highlights of my day. The details and care you put into your writing are excellent. From time to time, it's fun to look back on those adolescent frolics and rituals. My comrades and I congregated at the beach and at the cemetery of a Baptist Church some claim is one of the most haunted places in Connecticut. Those spirits must have enjoyed Guinness and a collection of Punk and New Waver groups (among others, including the Kinks) 'cause the feel was mostly uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Monkkey, thanks for your interest. I honestly thought blogs were dead and I've been neglecting mine, for obvious reasons related to the state of things--things that should inspire but do the opposite--hey, I've got a couple of new posts rumbling in my head and just finding out I've got a new follower may tip the scale...

      Delete